As a chiropractor in the modern world, you have to capitalize on all of the available resources to reach your potential patients. Providing people with the resources that they need starts by knowing what that is and how to deliver it. SEO, or Search Engine Optimization, is one area where most healthcare businesses can use a little improvement. Often, it might seem like SEO is for everyone but your type of practice, but the fact of the matter is that it can do more than you think.
If you are attempting to improve your marketing strategy and your online presence in the chiropractic field, there’s a lot that you can do. Start by taking a look at your competition to see what they’re up to. Often, some of your best marketing ideas will be copied from those who have created success before you. There’s nothing wrong with that.
In fact, this entire guide is going to give you all of the information and insight that you need to make the right decision about chiropractor SEO services and how to make the most of your campaigns. Plus, at the end, we’ll even offer a section with examples of existing chiropractor sites that have high-quality SEO in place to help you see your potential and find inspiration.
To begin, let’s discuss the basics of what SEO is and how it works. Once you understand this, it will be much easier to understand why you need your own strategy as soon as possible.
How does SEO work?
SEO is an interesting process, but it isn’t really that complicated. The basic premise of search engine optimization is that businesses will research and employ the use of certain keywords and phrases to generate traffic and increase their search engine rankings. Being discovered by search engines is about a lot more than keywords, but they are the foundation for effective marketing and optimization.
The SEO process is all about making your website simpler to find, specifically for search engines. Therefore, you have to employ the best practices of this process and follow all guidelines to ensure that you’re doing things correctly. For example, you can’t just put keywords in your content and leave it at that. You have to actually optimize the content and the site itself. This includes things like optimizing titles and title tags, using meta tags, and even optimizing your images and image tags.
If all this sounds overwhelming, don’t panic. With the assistance of professional SEO management solutions, you can trust that your chiropractor SEO solutions will be taken care of from start to finish and that your on-page and off-page optimization will outrank the competition.
Speaking of off-page optimization, that’s something you also need to do. In addition to optimizing your website, the SEO process also involves optimizing all of your other online presences. This could include your social media pages, online advertisements, forum profiles, and so forth. Anywhere that your business has a presence, you need to be sure that it’s optimized to be discovered.
In the case of a chiropractor’s office, you could use SEO to cater to local clients. For example, if you’re in the Chicago area, you could optimize content for “Chicago back pain chiropractors”. You need to be specific because obvious keywords like “Chicago chiropractor” are overused and hard to outrank, so it’s best to target a group of lesser-searched words for better results.
Chiropractic websites — do they need SEO?
Although some people don’t think it’s relevant, chiropractic websites absolutely need SEO and other optimization tactics. Like any business, they need to generate new patients and cater to their audience. This is what SEO does. In today’s highly competitive market where people have instant access to so many resources right at their fingertips, it isn’t just prudent to optimize, it’s essential.
Did you know that in the U.S. alone, there are over 70,000 licensed and practicing chiropractors? As that number continues to grow, it continues to be more important for you to stand out. The best way to do that is with proper SEO implementation.
Here are some reasons you need to implement a solid chiropractic SEO strategy:
- People are searching online. That’s the fact of the matter. More and more people go to the Internet first when they need a chiropractor or another healthcare provider. They will then typically choose one of the first few sites that they see, and make a phone call or visit the website. Therefore, you need SEO to get you in those first few rankings if you’re going to generate new clients.
- Google may penalize your poor site design. If you don’t optimize and update your website regularly to keep up with current trends, Google may consider this a sign of neglect and actually deduct points from your ranking. It’s not common, but it’s something to think about. Doing nothing is worse than doing SEO poorly.
- Your future depends on it. If you want to continue to be an authority in the chiropractic field, you have to have a strong, informative, user-friendly website that is optimized and designed to give people an agile experience on mobile and desktop alike. This may sound like an insurmountable task, but it’s easier than you think with the assistance of SEO management services.
How improving your website rank can help your business
The ways that improving your website rank can assist in growing your business are numerous. Some are going to be more valuable to you, particularly, than others, but they’re all worth noting. If you’re still debating, despite the above points, keep reading to learn how increasing your rank will help your business in more ways than one.
- Optimizing your content gives you free leads that are instantly qualified. Since they searched for the keywords that you optimized for, you know they’re interested in your business and the services that you offer.
- You can use SEO to direct people toward reviews, which can increase the conversion rate. When people see that others have used and liked your services, they will be more likely to choose them for themselves. It’s harder to optimize review pages and third-party listings, but it can be done.
- SEO increases website traffic and off-page traffic alike. By providing value-added information and giving your visitors a resource that they can depend on, you will garner those higher rankings, which thereby generates more traffic from search engines alone. Plus, since the content is optimized, you’ll have fewer unqualified leads and a lower bounce rate.
- The majority of people research healthcare services online, both for relevant medical information and for information about the practice itself. If you are capable of providing both, you will give people the confidence that you are an authority in your industry and make them more likely to choose your practice.
- SEO allows you to measure the success of your marketing efforts with numbers. You’ll have access to real-time analytics in many cases, which will allow you to monitor all of your campaigns and make sure that things are on track. You can implement marketing software or rely on tools like Google Analytics, but it’s all right there for you.
These are just a few of the biggest advantages that come with optimizing your website for SEO. Plus, it’s among the best in terms of ROI because aside from any paid advertisements and SEO services that you pay for, it doesn’t cost a thing to take some time to improve and optimize your website and other content properly.
Local SEO guides for chiropractors
As a chiropractor, local SEO is critical to your success. Some companies might be able to get away with skimping on local SEO because they only operate online or are an international brand, but when you’re in the healthcare business, local is everything. It’s important to read up on local SEO guides or hire companies to assist you that understand the unique nature of optimizing content for local search.
It’s about more than just throwing a city or state in with a keyword. You actually have to tailor content to your customers in specific regions and provide more than a location to put local optimization to work effectively. In fact, Google may even penalize you if all you do is throw a city name in front of your keywords and call it “local SEO”.
Reviews are another great way to improve your local SEO. While you aren’t exactly optimizing for keywords, you’re finding a way to provide your potential patients with the information they can use to help them make their decision. By encouraging people to write reviews for your chiropractic office, you will be giving yourself the chance to get a better reputation and increase your local business.
Make sure that your social media presence is active. This will encourage interaction and make people feel connected. This connection is what will then further encourage them to give you good reviews. You can also showcase reviews and offer incentives to people who review your practice if you want to ramp things up a little more quickly.
Consistency and Accuracy
When it comes to local optimization, accuracy is everything. You have to make sure that you have the right information, and the same information, on every listing. In the industry, this is known as the NAP (name, address, phone number). This measures the legitimacy of your existence in the eyes of the search engines, so if it’s missing or inaccurate, you could run into problems.
Choose one format for all of your listings. Make sure they are identical on all search engines, business directories, on your website, social media pages, and anywhere else that your business is listed. One simple typo or random listing could kill your local optimization in seconds.
On-Page Local SEO
We’ve already covered two areas of local optimization that take place off your website. What about your on-page local SEO solutions, though? Think about places where you can incorporate local keywords and utilize content to let people know that you’re in their area. You can put information on your contact page, obviously, but there are also plenty of other pages you can optimize.
Make sure that all of your landing pages tie in local SEO somehow, without being overdone. Then, consider other pages that you can enhance with a local keyword here or there. Just remember to keep it natural and conservative.
Tips to rank higher on Google
There are a lot of different ways that you can go about increasing your ranking on Google. Of course, the most helpful tip by far is just to fully embrace SEO and develop a thoughtful, forward-thinking strategy. Once you have a big-picture idea in your head, you’ll be able to break it down into smaller pieces. Although the rules and trends change all the time, here are some of the most common tips to rank higher in Google searches with organic and local SEO campaigns.
- Research: You have to perform keyword research in order to know which words are going to rank best in Google searches. Think of terms that people would search for. Use the Internet to help you see what other keywords are popular. Once you have a list, you can put them into Google’s Keyword Planner or a similar tool and find out how much traffic each one will generate. Here, you’ll also be able to get suggested keywords that you may not have thought about.
- Optimize My Business: You need to complete the Google My Business page, filling in all information accurately and concisely. Claim the page and verify your business through the simple process, and then you’ll be on your way to the NAP, categories, description, and other sections. Use them to your advantage and double-check all contact details and business information for consistency and accuracy.
- Directory Listings and Links: If you can get your business listed in as many relevant places as possible, you’re going to increase your visibility significantly. You can find plenty of different directories and websites online that allow this, but you should always check with a tool like Google Analytics to find out which sites are actually driving traffic and getting conversions. In addition to standard directory listings, you can create a strategy to get inbound links to your website from complementary businesses and other relevant sources.
- Get Reviews: The single-biggest problem with reviews is that many people only post them when they are dissatisfied. It is more common that people may write one if they are exceptionally pleased, but if someone just has a good experience, they might not feel so inclined to write a review because it seems like a lot of work. Find a way to get those reviews, whether you ask directly or offer incentives.
- Track Everything: You can’t get the best rankings in Google if you aren’t keeping track of how your SEO campaigns are working. Google Analytics and other tools are available to help you track traffic, rankings, keywords, and other elements that can affect your overall success with search engine optimization.
Common chiropractor SEO keywords
As discussed earlier, you should do some research to ensure that you know all of the best keywords to use for a chiropractic practice. First and foremost, although it can’t be your only local attempt, you do need to make use of the Chiropractor [City, State], because that is what your patients will search for. Consider variations of that phrase, as well, such as “sciatica chiropractor [City, State]”.
Keywords also rank differently based on how often they searched. You have to put yourself in the shoes of the patient and think about how they would seek out your services. Local SEO must-haves include:
- Chiropractor/s [Location]
- [Location] Chiropractor/s
- [Location] Chiropractic
- Chiropractic [Location]
Bear in mind that you can, and should, use different variations of your location, including the city, the city and state, and even the ZIP code, in order to reach the widest audience. Other general keywords that are ideal for good chiropractor SEO include:
- Chiropractic adjustment
- Chiropractic care
- Chiropractic benefits
- Chiropractor near me
- Chiropractic treatment
- Chiropractic services
- Chiropractor office
- Chiropractic adjustment
- Chiropractic massage
- Chiropractic prices
- Chiropractor massage near me
- Chiropractic therapy
- Chiropractic services near me
- Chiropractor back pain relief
These are just a sampling of some of the most popular keywords on AdWords for chiropractic care at the moment. Bear in mind that you’ll want to do your own research to make sure that you choose the right keywords based on the frequency of search and the level of competition.
5 chiropractor websites to model your SEO from
There are several chiropractor websites out there that are already doing SEO well and that know how to get results. Fortunately, a simple Internet search will point you in the direction of some of the best (and worst) websites online. Take your practice to the next level with SEO by following the lead of any of the sites below and you’ll see great results in no time.
Chirolouie Chiropractic and Wellness Center
This site has a simple design with an eye-catching spinal logo. There is also a functional menu and the practice delivers plenty of information for existing and prospective clients, including testimonials, services, and more. The calming design is simple and makes finding what prospective clients need easy.
This site has a family feel, giving an inviting look with a simple, yet elegant design. It offers simple navigation from the banner at the top and social media links are readily available, as well. Plus, they keep all the important elements in the view of the visitor so no scrolling is required.
This website again features a simple design that is inviting without being overwhelming. It offers a unique video background and has plenty of information available via the various links and website pages. There are also links to social media at the top of the page, which is big for SEO.
This practice has branded its online theme in the office, giving it that complete unity that is hard to come by. It offers a simple callout to new patients that is attention-grabbing without being overbearing. They also have easy links and information for visitors.
This website offers a nice mix of function and old-school professionalism, with a handy appointment sheet right on the homepage. Contact information is available at the top of the page, along with a banner for easy navigation. Plus, the black and gold design looks elegant and professional.
If you’re trying to improve the patient inflow at your chiropractic office, you have to embrace SEO and put it to use effectively. There are so many different resources out there and this is one of the most cost-effective marketing solutions available that you really are missing out if you aren’t working to put a solid strategy in place. Search engine optimization is here to stay and it’s the only way your practice can even expect to succeed in the online world today.
Now that you know more about SEO, including local optimization and how critical it is to your success, it’s time to come up with a plan to tackle your chiropractor SEO once and for all. If you don’t want to do it alone, or if you feel like you need some assistance, that’s fine. You can partner with our professional SEO team to get the solutions that you need and let us help you make the most of your optimization strategy. Contact us now to discuss your needs and get started so that you can stay ahead of the competition and keep your practice growing.